View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
You're asking which is the best compromise. But, why do you want to compromise on your brakes?
Cheers!
To save time and money.
As this is my first sports car, I am eager to learn about this sort of thing. I do, however, have extensive experience with my previous car, an Audi A4. That had more power then the Boxster, WAY more torque and weighed 300 pounds more. I also had r-comps on it, all of which added up to a greater strain on brakes that what the Boxster has. I spent many happy track days with DS2500s and left them on year-round. My experience tells me I can do the same with the Boxster.
That said, I AM a Boxster nOOb, so I figured I would ask here. Of course, one can always get better fade resistance with more aggressive pads, but if you're not boiling fluid or getting fade, what good does it do?
In case you can't tell just yet, I enjoy playing devil's advocate. I hope it doesn't sound like I think I have it all figured out based on my hp/tq/r-comp statements. I'm just trying to provide as much info to the forum as possible in an effort to find the best answer. I'm 100% open to hearing all thoughts.
For the record, I am leaning towards two sets of pads, but think there is at least a chance of getting away with one good set, provided it has just the right characteristics.
Thanks for the response, Lil bastard. I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past and look forward to what you and the others have to say after reading this.