View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Pat

Dual-use pad compound preferrences

I just picked up my first Boxster. It will need new rotors and pads soon, and I'm trying to figure out which pads I should go with. The car is my daily driver and will see several track days every year. Ideally I would buy pads that are suitable for the street and track, although realize this my not be the fastest track setup. The car will have high-performance street tires on it and OEM suspension. What pads should I be considering? I've used Pagid Sport Blues in the past with good success, although think I need something with better fade resistance. I've also used Ferodo DS2500s which hold up to heat better, but am still not sure that compound will resist heat well enough for track usage. Am I just out of my mind thinking I can use one pad for both purposes? I realize there are compromises to be made.
I'm particularly interested in Hawk pads, as I get a significant discount on those. Which compound should I look for? Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.