View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #91
Leslie Beauchemin

I don't expect Porsche to pay, just wish they had let owners know there was a problem so they could fix it! They knew the part was faulty and did nothing to help their loyal owners prevent it. Yes, I knew this was an expensive car to maintain before I bought it but there is no reason for throwing my hard earned money away when I could have taken care of it for my regular $1,000 to $2,000 services. I have taken awsome care of my car for the last 10 years. Every time there was a noise, reduction in power, etc... I took it to the mechanic, never missed my 3,000 mile oil change, tune ups, etc. It just would have been the right thing for them to give us a little heads up! If you don't understand that then I guess when it happens to you and you find out the manufacturer could have prevented that $10,000 to $15,000 bill, then maybe you will be a little butt hurt too! I work very hard for my toys and I pay for their maintenance but this was a bit extreme!

Sorry if I rambled but this is a very touchy subject right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
Ford didn't pay for the Model A engine that was 30 years old.

Chrysler didn't pay for the Mitsubishi engine they used that had 100k miles.

Alfa didn't pay for the Giulietta engine that was 5 years old.

I don't expect Porsche to pay for the 9-10 year old engine that has 56k in my '01 if it fails. I paid a lot less than the original owner and I chose to take the risk of that brand, that car and being not under warranty when I paid that low price.
Leslie Beauchemin is offline   Reply With Quote