View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #10
yellowbox

The v-12 bi turbo is still an automatic, right? For some reason, no matter how fast a M-B AMG goes, I don't really give the "driver" much respect knowing all he's got to do is flip a few switches, stomp on gas pedal, close his eyes and zoommmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier405
Wow, just this weekend I got challenged by a Mustang but I wasn't up to it. Too much traffic and I was driving late, real tired, and with my tall heavy buddy in the right seat. I'm not usually in the mood to risk losing my license and impounding my car to respond to a (insert derrogatory remark here) but I must admit I am curious.

A few weeks ago down the PCH in Laguna Beach ($$$ town) I had a MB SL600 AMG pull up next to me at a light. I read his V-12 Biturbo emblem over his door. He was in the "right turn only" lane but not turning, so I could tell he was going to zip in front of me when the light went green. Green light - and INSTANTLY there was a roar and he was three car lengths ahead. Pretty cool. Then a fraction later came a Camaro SS hot on his heels. The two cars zoomed ahead a super speed, and then the MB pulled over to slow down before he got to the crowded part. Then the SS continued at high speed into the crowded part of town and I just thought what a jerk.

Nothing against American cars or their owners, there are plenty of good guys in Fords and jerks around the world driving all sorts of cars! But I think these two cases were using really poor judgement here.

Drive safe guys. Have fun, go FAST! But still drive safe!
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote