View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Cartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by violametallic-S-
Hey Cartel,

Im very interested in the IPD plenum and enlarged throttle body. Can you go into more detail about the throttle body... Where did you get the larger throttle body? How much? and what are the gains?

Also are all IPDs one size? and need a larger throttle body? I heard about others getting the IPD but never having to get a larger throttle body...

thanks alot, i love the sound of that package....
The 997 75mm throttle body is needed in order to run the IPD intake plenum for our cars. Albeit other cars running the IPD intake plenum do not need the enlarged throttle body, ours do. I purchased my throttle body from Road Sport Supply, but it is a part that you can purchase from your local Porsche dealership. The part # is 997-605-115-00. Yes, there is only one fitment the 986. At current I am unsure as to the potential gains from this modification but I will put my vehicle on the dyno next week. I will keep you and all else that may be interested in seeing the results. Personally, I am not one for dyno results but it seems to be the standard.

Call Road Sport Supply, 714.432.8815, ask for Bryan and tell him Carlos sent you. It has been an absolute pleasure working with them thus far.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.

Last edited by Cartel; 02-19-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote