View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktown 986
but is it worth is in terms of the extra $1k investment? I've done plenty of brakes, clutches, etc, in my time; i'm not worried about the difficulty.

I like the factory brakes, but I'm upgrading the power in my vehicle at the end of the year when i put her away for rainy season.. and i'm figuring i could either just do some standard brakes to get me through my next 20k miles, or upgrade...
Your question is nearly impossible to answer; larger rotors and calipers will give you increased brake swept area, but how much of an adavange that would yeild depends upon the driver, how the car is driven, etc., etc........ We know for a fact that doing all four corners on a car with someone that knows how to drive and uses the car in Auto cross type events was a postive move; but for the "average Joe" on the street it probably wouldn't make much difference as the OEM setup was already pretty good. Also, be aware that using the "S" brakes requires larger rims, which can impact the attractiveness of the upgrade as well.......