View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Anim

Exclamation Does your Boxster make you take silly risks?

Something about this month that I can't explain. I have probably risked mine and others lives twice by overtaking which turned into a bad decision when it was too late.

First time I overtook a car plodding along 30 mph in a 60 but the road went to one lane after the roundabout (those ones where there are two lanes coming off the roundabout that merge to one lane shortly after), I didnt have enough time to make it past the car before my lane vanished so being a prat went across to the other side of the road which was separated by a barrier and drove their side for 100 yards before being able to get back into my own lane. Nothing was coming but it was still reckless and has me feeling crap about it.

The second time I was stuck behind a trail of 3 cars, we all came to a roundabout that had two approach lanes. I went in the outside lane (fast lane) and floored it, made it past two cars on the roundabout itself but the 3rd car (the one going slow at the front) put his foot down and didnt want me going past, i was already accelerating hard and had already committed to a 3 car overtake, I ended up going past at about 70 mph and squeezed through a gap between the car im overtaking and an oncoming car. Now that for me was way over the top. I was pissed off at the car im overtaking for suddenly accelerating and the on-coming car that had 3 lanes all to himself but chose to come as close to me as he could, almost like a game of chicken. I would say there was only 6" either side of me as we all went past each other.

So. Either bad luck, bad decisions or I need to get a slower car so not tempted to hear that lovely exhaust note so much!
Anim is offline   Reply With Quote