View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis
Ii actually found someone in Huntington that does all top repairs for Porsche of Huntington. He couldnt give me a price over the phone without seeing it though. would much rather leave the top with someone than the entire vehicle. I may try to remove it myself. You have done this before? I would be willing to barter some labor with you- you hel me, I will help you, but if you are not ok with that, I will probably attempt to remove it myself. It is in a garage all winter.
Dennis:

I have removed and replaced a number of tops, including doing some retrofits with '03/'04 OEM glass windowed tops onto earlier 986's. Working on the cars is a hobby for me, so I'd be more than happy to help you remove yours anytime. Where are you located?

If you want to see the procedure, check out the write-ups on Mike Focke's Website, here: http://sites.google.com/site/mikefocke2/thetop-itsmaintaince%26replacement

Look specifically at the ones entitled "Having a replacement window sewn in", "Removing the Top and Frame" and the beginning of "Installing an '03-'04 Top and Frame on a '97-'02 Boxster".

Let me know if you need any help.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote