View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
FromMiata2Boxster

Price Check - 2009 Boxster

Hello Folks,

I've been a lurker her for quite some time. I am getting antsy to buy my first Porsche. I've owned BMW's and Miatas, but never a Boxster. Today, I spent over an hour with the sales manager at a local Porsche dealership where they have a 2009 Boxster (not "S") that has a great list of options - all of which I would want, including NAV, Sat radio, Bluetooth, upgraded stereo, ipod & usb connections, etc., and the 6-speed manual tranny. MSRP is just south of $60K, and the car was used only by the sales manager for special fund raisers at golf outings. (I do believe him) so the car has 800 miles on it.

This thing looks absolutely brand-new off the truck, gorgeous aqua blue, grey interior, and blue top. It will have the full 4-year warranty and it's priced at $49K. The manager claims they paid $54K for the car and would be losing $5K, but they need to get it sold. I got the impression there is a little wiggle room, but not much.

Given that it's winter and anyone buying it around here would store it for at least two months, it may stick around for a while unless someone out of state grabs it and has it trucked. So - my first question is what do you all think of the price, and what might you think the best deal would be on this car? Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Doug
FromMiata2Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote