View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #7
GoodJohnny

FYI Tool Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I knew the dark fluid meant bad things. In fact it was so dark that I thought it was the rear main seal on the engine.

Thanks for the help. I'll give the Renn Tech people a call and find out my options from here.

I know that the dealership is not an option I got a quote from them and I would have to part the car out before paying that kind of money for the repair.

One more question.
Where can I get the special tools I need to do this myself. It seems that there are some pins I need to take off the torque converter and hold it in place. However, Porsche dealer does not sell them and I found the pins on line for a bunch of different porsches for like $600.00. It seems like a screwdriver could do this job from what I have seen in my manual but I don't want to damage anything any further.

Thanks!
The basic tools you need (9595 & 9595/1) are available in a SIR Tool Kit P258 which you can purchase for about $40 at SkywayTool.com, their part number is 25759. Also need U-shaped coolant block-off hoses (unless you plan to drain coolant) and cross-engine top support unless you want to damage engine mounts.

Last edited by GoodJohnny; 12-24-2009 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Also need tools...
GoodJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote