View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
yellowboxster01

3M Dinoc carbon fiber interior

I ordered some of this stuff to do all the light switch plates and outlet covers in my dad's garage as a Christmas present. After wrapping the light switch plates and getting used to working with it...I started in my interior. Everything painted with that "soft touch" paint needed to be repainted so, I've wrapped quite a few pieces.

It's a thick vinyl with a texture and it does reflect light just as real c/f would. There's already a 3m adhesive backing. You simply peel off the backing and apply the piece to a clean part, then take some heat to it and work your way around the part. It's extremely easy to work with, when you heat it, it stretches to go around corners and such.

It's made to replicate the BMW dry carbon fiber they're using now. It looks very real and imo doesn't look cheesy at all. That's probably about $30 worth of material that I've used so far.

These are very bad pictures but, you get the general idea. It had just rained so, there are leaves in the floor board. I'll post some better one's today, it's a nice freezing cold day today.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote