View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
cas951

I had two of these for several years (91 and 93) and experienced a couple of intermittent problems several times when my daughter drove the car. Was not able to troubleshoot for awhile since each time I had it towed home the car starts. One day it finally happened to me and it would not start.

My symptoms were not like yours but similar and these cars are known to have these issues i,m about to describe.

The car would always start right up when cold but as soon as you shut it down during a warm day it woould not start. A few hrs later it would start. This would happen over and over and happened to my dughter 4 times. One of the common fix is to replace the "Main Switch" cost is about $60. and located in the dash above the steeringwheel. You have to remove a few items to see it and get to it. Do a search for Honda Main switch.

The other common fix for this is the igniter in the distributor. There was a recall for this too.

I ended up replacing both problems parts and the issue never came back since it was hard to pinpoint which of the two was the issue.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote