Thread: My Zeintop
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Gougoushu

Greg,

The piece in your left hand in the photo appears to be the correct front seal. It also looks like somebody peeled off the protective layer, which is yellow in my first photo. And yes, those are the corner rubbers laying on the countertop in the background. i suggest you visit the shop that installed your top and make sure they didn't throw out anything else.

The corner rubbers must go on first. I had to trim mine a little bit to get good contact, and after I played with the fitment for a while, I applied crazy glue, and clamped them into the corners. The front seal then will neatly fit into them.

PM me with your email, and I'll send you a full collection of Ztop installation photos.

As for creaks, some Ztop owners have them, and some don't. Mine is pretty good that way. You won't know whether you have creaks until you get the front seal fit, because that might affect the fit of the top elsewhere.

Jaxon, I posted this text about the engine access issue on another topic on this forum last week. It's a problem that should be thought about if you DIY engine work.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/14862-zeintop-arrived-see-dayton-oh-sat-5-jan-%40-10am-post195841.html#post195841

"[Y]ou cannot access the top of the engine with the Zeintop fitted. In order to work on the engine, you must have helpers on hand, remove the top, and then have a place to set it down. Also probably you'll need a garage to store the car and top [or at least use tarps] while you're doing engine work. Therefore, you must plan accordingly; I did all my maintenance items beforehand. One option is to remove the softtop [might help avoid damage to the plastic window from being folded up all winter], which allows some engine access, but that leaves an unattractive and fragile cavity where the top would go."
Gougoushu is offline   Reply With Quote