View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
oneleggedman125

Boxster 986 windows acting funny

Well I recently purchased a Boxster and I couldn't be happier. However being that it is a 1997 she has some miles and needless to say a few small issues. When I bought it the Dealer told me the micro switch under where the top latches was going bad. I didn't think anything of it until a few days after I bought it when the windows started going down every time the key was turned to the "on" position. They don't go down the entire way, just the two inches or so as if the top was going down. When this happens they won't respond to the window controls, so I have to unlatch the top and toggle the switch under the hook only then will they go back up. Also if the top is up and I put the windows down, they won't respond to the window controls. I have to toggle that same switch again for them to come back online.

I went yesterday and bought a new micro switch to swap for the one I thought was defective. Turns out it didn't fix the problem and now I am clueless as to what the problem could be. Anyone got any ideas?
oneleggedman125 is offline   Reply With Quote