Thread: Codes and SMOKE
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
bustingear

Codes and SMOKE

Greetings sports fans. I have a question for you. I purchased my used 99 Boxster this summer and have been diligently chasing down the bugs with the help of this great board. I have driven about 10,000 miles so far and have kicked this 2.5 up to about 150K...so far I have
purchased new Porsche floor mats, shifter knob & boot, installed a new air oil seperator,new water pump, new thermostat,changed the oil, changed the coolant, new tires,new gas cap, painted the cowl (myself). Yes I paint! Installed new plugs, a new camshaft sensor, new air filters both cabin and engine and cleaned the MAF and yes bought the Bently manual.

My problem I am nagged with the following codes
P1124, P1126 and PO446. I know what they are as I have had them read and printed at Autozone but that means not alot. What could they be really?? I have read all the posts...replace sensors and MAF, sepeartor (already done) and YES it still smokes on start up especially on cold days(oil leak down?) I need some good advice. I have cleared the codes a couple of times but they sneak back a couple of days later.

One other question is why do the rear wheels tilt in at the top and out at the bottom? I have seen vettes do this but it causes inside wear prior to the outsides. It is even around the tire but again more on the inside treads? What is the fix?
Help
bustingear is offline   Reply With Quote