View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
yimmy149

The shifting is tighter and smoother. The problem I was combatting previously would be the shifter not going all the way into gear, you could tell it got past the synchros, but there was a second notch I needed to get past to get it all the way in. A couple times it jumped out of first or second. All that seems resolved in the 100 or so miles I've tested.

No, I wasn't looking for more cabin noise - but it sounds like there are people out there that are. With the OEM mount, on the freeway, with the top down I never really felt vibes from or heard the motor except for intake noise - I'd have to look at the gauge or stick to figure out what gear I was in. Now I can hear/feel it more, so I find myself going into 6th gear above 65mph to reduce noise.
I've also noticed some vibration in the 3k-4k RPM range that I'd rather not be feeling.

Unless Pedros softens a bit over time, I think if I were going to do it again, I would probably want to try the Cayman mount. The stock Boxster one has so little material, it's not gonna last long.

I will update thread in a couple months with my impressions then.

-james

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote