View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:57 AM   #7
janzenms

Send a message via AIM to janzenms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
I was just telling my buddy who has a Standard Carrera that this Cayman will eventually phase out the 911 as the flagship Porsche.
I don't think the 911 will be phased out by the Cayman. I think the Cayman is a bit of a risky experiment. It's performance will definitely be right up there with the 911 but I think the 911 has such a strong identity that no other new Porsche could ever replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
The foor door Porsche will appeal to all the 911 owners who never drive their P-Car's quickly or ever venture to track event. Which I'm thinking is a big part of the 911 customer base.
I think the Panamera (4 door Porsche due in 2008) will actaully appeal to a new segment outside the normal porsche buyer. I think it will also give the true (and rich) Porsche enthusiast no excuse not to have a garage full of Porsche cars. Before the Cayenne was approved Porsche did a study and found that the car sitting beside most Porsches in garages were high end SUV's. I bet the other car in the garage was a high end luxury sport sedan like an S-class of 7 series BMW. Just guessing but if Porsche's behavior runs consistant the Panamera is meant to fill a new buyer segment and fill the spot currently held by BMW and MB.

-M
My other hobbie: emptum, GETitSELLit, CARazed
-----------------------------

http://static.flickr.com/55/128864958_14b7e6dbeb_m.jpg
janzenms is offline   Reply With Quote