View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
JAAY

It can easily be done on your back. I have done it many times in the past few months. You can check the ims bearing to see if you have a dual row or a single row bearing. If you have a single it can be upgraded. To do the tranny on your back you just get the car on jack stands pretty high. Take the muffler off, unbolt the axles, unbolt the clutch slave cylinder, undo the bell housing bolts, the shift linkages, and i dropped mine with a floor jack. I have also dropped mine with a motorcycle jack (thats how I pull the motor also, it has good surface area). It is not that tuff of a job. You have to support the engine though with a third jack stand. There are many people here who could walk you through it. Let me know if you need more help. I am no pro but can get the job done. There are many other more trained people here if you need them. Good luck.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote