Thread: Water Leak?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksrice
I just bought a '99 Boxster to replace my Honda S2000 which was done in by a woman who was DWV (Driving While Vietnamese) in May. Totally different kind of car and I'm really enjoying it. Problem, I seem to have some sort of leak which results in the carpet under the passenger seat being soaking wet when it rains. No idea where it's coming from, any ideas about this? Any likely places to look?
Thanks.......
1. Check your foam dray trays in the convertible top well for any rips, tears or gouges. This can happen if/when the pushrod's plastic ball cup breaks apart, thereby allowing the pushrod to dangle and then dig into the drain tray when the V-lever rotates.

2. Check to make sure the drains in the convertible top well are not clogged.

3. Also make sure that you are not getting water past your door panel, which will occur if someone replaced the window regulator and did not reseal the plastic membrane to the inner door metal.

BTW, if you get water on the other side (driver's side), you are looking at a big $$$ repair, because the central alarm control unit under the seat will likely get fried. So make sure you check and clean out your drains frequently.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote