View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log
oil change, new spark plugs, polyrib belt, air and pollen filters, trans oil.
Look in the phonebook for an independent Porsche/ european car shop to save money. It will be 1/2 the cost!!!
Haha, thanks. I am currently in Fargo, ND. There is one option here, unfortunately. Maybe I should wait until I move to Tampa, FL, near the end of the month. This is great advice, though. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Kaplan
In addition to the 60,000 service, I would also get the brake fluid changed. This is recommended every 2 years. I would also run a few tank fulls of fuel injector cleaner. I like the Chevron brand which you can purchase at any auto supply store. Enjoy the car!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyman65535
There's a list of maintenance on renntech here: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?autocom=maint&code=maint_menu_box

That should be a good start.
That looks like a lot of stuff, haha. It just makes me wonder which of those things are absolutely necessary and which are just things that are just put on the list for diehard fanatics, you know? I'm surprised those lists just don't say: "Buy a brand new car."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptoledo
Without knowing the history of the car or how it was cared for, I would suggest doing everything just to be on the safe side. I am in the same boat with my 2001 box "s", it just turned 60k . Rather than risk it I will just get it over with now.
That is probably good advice. No need to take any unnecessary risks. SIGHHHHHH, I will probably end up doing "the works" haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman
You bought a car like this that has no maintenance records for the last 50,000 miles? Wow, you've got more guts than I do.

I trust you had a thorough PPI done on it before handing over the cash...
I wouldn't say your thoughts here were particularly helpful to me, but I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote