View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
spine911

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontknowjack

question...is it safe to drive around right now...or should i just leave it alone till this get look at and fix?? its my 3rd car so its no big deal if it need to be sit out for awhile...
To defer RMS repair depends on the amount of the oil leak, make sure you check the oil levels regularly and add oil as needed. I managed to drive my 986 for almost 2 years with an active RMS leak.

I noticed you kept on mentioning IMS with this RMS leak, they are two DIFFERENT issues...There are no warning signs for an impending IMS failure/catastrophic engine failure...Jake Raby, as far as i know is the only one who has an IMS part "upgrade" kit available in North America...No one really knows the long term reliability of the IMS "upgrade"....What exactly will this mechanic do for this so called "IMS repair"????

Also, i remember from your previous posts that you have a Tip. FYI, an RMS leak is quite RARE in Tips due to the difference in designs...Bring your car to a reputable mechanic who will repair/diagnose this car properly.

Last edited by spine911; 06-20-2009 at 08:29 PM.
spine911 is offline   Reply With Quote