View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua6060
Update

Finished the install yesterday and cleaned the MAF(which appeared to me to be pretty clean), started the engine, sounded much better than before and was running smoother, however I still smoked up the drive way, jumped in the car, the smoke has stopped by the time I got to the corner. Drove the car for about 3 miles, turned the engine off, turned it back on and had no smoke. Woke up this morning and started the engine and once again smoked up the drive way, by the time I got to the corner, again the smoke was all gone. Any ideas? Do I have another problem? Am I just burning off oil? How long should I wait to see if the smoke stops?
If your Boxster is parked on a slight angle (i.e., not on level ground, but one side lower than the other) the horizontally-opposed design of the engine will give you that occasional smoke on start-up.

Since you just replaced your AOS, take a look at your throttle body to see if there is still some oil that has collected there because of your old (faulty) AOS. If so, just clean it up and you should be okay.

Check out Pedro's Garage website is you also want to thoroughly clean your entire throttle body (as opposed to just cleaning up oil deposits caused by the faulty AOS).

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote