View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
70Sixter

Buy the best car you can afford and do not be in a hurry. There are lots of good Boxsters out there, and it is currently a buyers market.

Figure out which options you have to have and which ones you would not pay extra for. Color of interior and exterior are always important. Wheels too, but they can be changed easily if not cheaply.

I had to have an S with 6speed, heated seats, cruise control and black over Savanna. Basalt (metallic) or non-metallic did not matter. And 18" Carrera Lights.

Litronics and Bose were okay as were several lesser options.

Get Pre-purchase inspection (PPI) from qualified inspector and demand maintenance records. No records no buy! Critical!

And enjoy the process. I did a lot if web searching to narrow the field before driving to see cars. If no price was listed I blew them off. A lot of stoopid dealers use the web to get contacts and have no other interest in the Internet.

I actually inquired about a ca in FL by e-mail and some idiot sent me an 800 number! I am not a phone person until I make an appointment to see/drive a car.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote