View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
save your money. Go down to Sears and get the small shop vac $30, maybe less for the one that's the size of a soccer ball. A Boxster aint that big.... I keep in the garage right next to the car. does the job PERFECTLY. Used it to clean out the intake after I took out the old air filter and put in the new.
I tried the dustbusters and comtemplated the Dyson handheld. Anything that's powered by the cigarette lighter will NOT make enough suction, ditto for battery powered. $130 is nuts for this job. Use that for an orbital or impact wrench.

Good advice. I once had a small battery operated vac that couldn't hardly lift a kleenex let alone floor dirt. I need a vac that I can do the Boxster with without experiencing a wrestling match like I now do with the house canister (this is one machine I absolutely despise!!!) and also do the van interior. I will not buy anything with batteries in the vac line. Looked up online the Bed & Bath and Sears sites so far and the price on vacs run the gamut. The cost of a new house canister caused me to apologize to our current monster and make me promise not to drag it around the house with the lack of care that I have shown in the past. Also I promised not to curse the damn thing out when it hung up on everything in sight. I did not see any shop vacs or prices at Sears and I believe I tried every possible category including "Vacuums". Next trip to town will have me checking out Sears, Target, Best Buy etc.

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote