View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
ChefCarnivore

Red face What am I looking at for fix

The other day I was cruising along when all of a sudden there was a "ploosh" sound and then a squealing. I pull over to the right and checked the tires for a blow out but they looked fine. Being new to the Boxster scene I did not what to mess with the problem besides it was 90F and in full sun on a clear sky. So I had the car towed back home a couple of miles. Thank you AAA.

Checking my new service manual, I thought it may be the groovey belt, so I purchased one from my local Porsche dealer at there usual scalping price minus 10% for my PCA card.

Today I braved the removal of the passanger seat and fumbled with the electrical connector( the likes of I've never seen before). This was after I went to my local Sears and purchased a star socket set with the needed E12. I also get 10% off anything at Sears have retired there after putting in my indentured service time.

With the help of the a for mentioned service book I removed the engine cover and to my surprise I viewed the picture below. The groovy belt seem to be happy so the one I purchased is my first contribution to the emergency kit. However it appears that the tension idler pulley was attempting to attach me from behind.

How do I fix this?
ChefCarnivore is offline   Reply With Quote