Thread: Dumping coolant
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #12
Allen K. Littlefield

Story to date...

Cap has no cracks and last digits are .01, not .00 which is supposed to be the troublesome one.

Pulled up carpet and no water at all. Hoses connecting to the tank look tight and no drips.

Put in about 1/2 gallon of distilled water and the plastic tank came up to half between low and high lines. Let sit for awhile and checked again, no water drips anywhere and none underneath.

Really turned the cap down tight as I could and went for a very local ride to get car up to temp. Car came up to just its normal spot of about 1/8" above the 180 mark. No water drip at all. Checked when back in garage and found no water under plastic tank or underneath. Water in tank has dropped a bit below the low mark on the tank.

Called dealer repair man and he offered no insight. Called local P-car mechanic and he said the tank could be bad internally which could cause the problem.

Will be gone until next week on business in Phila. When I get back I will drive it some more and see what happens. Wish it was something obvious like a cracked hose or visible split in the tank. Thanks for all the help so far.

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote