View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
insite

the sways don't wear out. the tarrett drop links are expensive; if you want a less expensive high quality option, PM me. i recommend using adjustable links so you can go half-steps on sway bar adjustment & so you can dial out pre-load if you corner balance.

i think your setup is good, but will still understeer a tad if you choose the proper spring rates. the GT3 bar is THICK & needs some roll stiffness in back to balance it out. i would go with an H&R rear sway. run the GT3 sway full soft and the H&R sway full soft on one side & full stiff on the other.

FYI, i have run many, many combinations of suspension hardware & i regularly take to the track. my current setup, which is AWESOME on the race track, is KSport w/ 400lb front / 500lb rear springs. i use the GT3 bar up front & the H&R in back. i use adjustable heim-jointed drop links all the way around.

one issue w/ your proposed setup are your spring rates. the KSport OEM spring rates are essentially 300lb/441lb. this is to rear-biased and makes the car too tail happy. you can rectify this by EITHER increasing the front rate or decreasing the rear rate. there ARE some possible issues w/ harmonics if you don't choose properly. if you tell us how important ride quality vs. performace is to you personally, i can help you choose rates that will work well.

as lucky said, definitely do your wheel bearings if you haven't already. everyone says the rears go before the fronts. oddly, i've replaced my fronts three times but have NEVER replaced my rears; they are original w/ 140k miles on them!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote