View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
23109VC

urban-legend-

if you are going to do brakes AND paint - I'd suggest doing it all in one shot.

if you can afford to have the car "out of commission" for a while - and it sounds like you can - then do it.

put it up in the air,, pull off all the wheels - and pull of your calipers. if you have the ability - you can remove your calipers = and clean the holy stink out of them - and then you could even spray them. i think if you use a high temp spray you will get a more even coat. i brushed mine - and while the result is VERY glossy and great looking - if you get down on yhour hands and knees and look at it UP CLOSE - you can see minor streaks, small hi/low areas - it's NOT perfect. honestly though 0- it doesn' tmatter - from 3' away you can't tell - but if you are "PICKY" and wnat stuff to look it's best - i htink spray would get you amore even finish that is much smoothe rlooking.

but it's a lot more work to do that.

if you hgave to do rotors - and need to almost take the calipers all the way off - why not pull them off and do it really nice.

if you only are doing pads, and do not want to take off the rotors - then just pull off the pads, then after you clean them up really well - use a whole can on brake clearn and scrub each nook and cranny of that caliper - the crap keeps coming and coming off... just scrup and spray, scrub and spray - and have a lot of newpspwer under the car to catch the muck...

after you have them clean - then paint the calpers. let them dry totally. and then put the new pads in the next day.

put the stickers on after you have it all together.
if you order your stickers now, and your painting kit - and get it all ready - you could do this over a weekend.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote