View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
So, we got some weather here is central virginia this week. Over 8" of snow and power is still out at out house. It got down to 6 degrees last night, so of course I had to see how the Boxster liked the cold weather. Car started up fine even with my lightweigh battery at 7F this morning. I let it warm up for about 10 minutes before I took it for a drive. When I drove it there was a noticable sound from the engine compartment like fluid trickling down or arround.

The engine was at operating temp, and I looked to see if I was leaving a trail of coolant behind me, and did not see any. No warning lights, and normal operating temp. This is the first time I have heard this, and I suspect it is an artifact of the very cold weather. Anyone else had this experience or know what could be going on? BTW, the inner-cooler effect of 7F air does make the car more spunky,
are you sure the sound is behind you? look behind the roll hoops on either side of the engine lid. are the drains clear? is there any standing water?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote