View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood
I asked him for proof of purchase docs and he got raged and said something about us being thieves wanting a free clutch.

I'm leaving it as is now, there was loads of slip before on my last clutch and this new one has none of that. I'm just scared he gave me a used junkyard clutch that's about to go.
Two comments:
First, to see if he was giving you valid information about the possible cause of the stiffness, spray some graphite liquid and/or powder at the bushings on the clutch pedal and see if that makes the difference he claims it might make.

Second, rather than confront him face to face, write him a short, to the point letter asking him to provide you with a copy of the invoice with which he purchased your new clutch (informing him that he can redact the price that he paid for the part), as well as a receipt for the work that he did on your car.

At the very least, even if he does not respond, in the event you have a problem with the clutch you will have some documentation showing that he did not provide you with what he is legally required to.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote