View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Kaplan
I have had alot of very nice cars over the years and the one thing that impresses me about the Boxster is I am not bored with the car and I still get a thrill driving it. Just drove about 400 miles on my 2000 base Boxster yesterday and had fun. I actually think the car is a little loud (I'm used to hardtops), but not annoying and I love the sound of the car. I think it is very comfortable for long trips. And I still love the look at the car when I park it. This is my first car I have not gotten bored with. I know alot of people will disagree with me, but I like the Boxster much better than the 911.

So, enjoy your car and don't worry about problems. It should give you many, many miles of fun.
+ 1 on E Kaplans statement. I had a 83 911 SC coupe which I went nuts on lightening up the body, i.e. tore out the AC, back seat squibbs, light exhaust etc. Got the car light in weight and it went pretty well. Every seam in the road was transmitted through the column to the wheel and to my hands. Wife did not like it anymore and then after about two years of minor in the shop work we decided to sell it. We then bought a '02 2.7 Boxster with TIP. I Totally love the car as the handling is the best I have ever experienced and she loves to drive it too. I am 68 so I have had a few cars under me over the years. The Boxster is the best drivers car of the lot. It does ride rough over anything but a smooth road and that is with stock, non S suspension (except for larger sway bars). Now we are waiting for our section of the North East globe to warm so we can get back to driving it again. Lots of luck with your car and stay in touch with this group, one of the best on the net.

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote