View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
944boy

Wow, the price has dropped a lot! I bought my '05 with 52K miles for 26K. I have put 10K miles in 6 mo. and its still running strong. I would look for dealer stamps in the owners manual and or receipts from previous owners.

check out tires and brakes for wear. I have replaced Brake pads, fluid, serp. Belt, oil + filter. I will be finishing the 60K maintenance with plugs, air filter and I also need tires.

All in all I don't think that's too much to ask for 60K+ miles.

I daily driven car seems to be happy motor wise. Mine loves to run to redline and dyno'd at very healthy numbers.

Your costs would include 60K maintinence, possibly brakes and tires and fluids. A PPI would clear up exactly what will need to be replaced in the near future. It can get expensive if you take it to the dealer, but can also be used as negotiation when buying.

I personally tend towards higher milage cars. As long as they feel tight and were well taken care of miles just come with the territory. Besides... I don't feel bad daily driving 60+ miles a day on a pristine low milage car.
2009 Triumph Street Triple R - 27K mi - Blazen Orange
1976 Ford F250 camper special - tow vehicle
944boy is offline   Reply With Quote