View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
samlad

mikefocke, the side windows have a great seal all the way around with not even a drop (it's just from the hood rubber seal gaps that water is coming in).

I took it back the third time for the roof realignment, making it tight as hell (requires 2 hands to latch the top on now) BUT, still getting leaks from those spots.

The dealer did a hose test and it looked good while there but typically once you get away and on it sitting in the rain at home, beads of water start to appear and leak (as though the channels at the top are overwhelmed by constant watering).

Any suggestions as to why this is continuing under constant rain?

---

Lil bastard, the whole mess started exactly with that issue, when I had the foam tray replaced as it was ripped and there was water under the seat. Happy to say, no longer the problem but as an additional outcome my top seals now leak.

For this fear I've also been inspired to get this car WATERTIGHT so I've taken out all the carpet and with a microscope making sure there is nothing else wet going on! All looks good, EXCEPT the top seals!

Others advised that the "top cables tension" could be an issue? If so what and where is that?

---

edevlin I feel for you as I am experiencing that as well. Removing the carpet I noticed that there is a very small amount of water (that pools in time) bypassing the foam drip tray. But for you if you say it is a window seal issue have a look at this http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22526

Let me know if that helps or how you overcome it as I may do with a similar fix?
samlad is offline   Reply With Quote