View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
eddy123

Control Failures Boxster 2005

I'm new to world of Porsche and this forum. I bought a few days ago a Porsche Boxster model 2005 with only 20K Km on the clock. Is this a 987? This car look as new, smell as new and drive as new.

Now this morning the car control lights lit up as an Xmas tree and I read ABS and PSM failure. Further the Radio didn't work and the Airbag lights lit. As I was in a hurry I continued driving despite all mall functional safety options.

When I called the Porsche service center they told me to leave the car and they will pick it up. I should not driving it. In the manual however it says that when the ABS doesn't work you can drive the car. Should I be concerned now as I did drive it.

Anyway, I managed to get all controls out, except for the airbag(s), by opening the door with the key not using the remote. I red in the user manual something about the car shutting down to avoid the battery being drained after 2 hours or 7 days.

I already noticed when I was washing the car that the radio switch off much faster, maybe after half an hour.

Now my question, what could be the cause of all this. The previous owner replied by haven't seen this before but suspected a bad battery, as this one was three years old.

Any help will be very welcome from you.

Already thank you!

Eddy

Last edited by eddy123; 11-18-2008 at 05:30 PM.
eddy123 is offline   Reply With Quote