View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
23109VC

i pulled the knob off and everything looked very clean. I don't really see how I could clean out the gears "inside" - they looked to be buried under some cover tyhpe thing..

when i pulled off the knob I saw the silver "nub" that it affixes too - it had little gear teeth...they were spotless. there is a clear plastic cover thing that I could see though and see some kind of mechanism behind - but i couldn't see any way to get that off. i poked around with a small screwdriver and this clear thing did NOT appear to come off.

by making fine adjustments/clicks/turns of the "nub" while the knob itself was removed, I could make one small "click/turn" and hear the head unit register the click with some kind of noise inside..but it woudl make errors in terms of which way it went - it would go bakcward when I clicked forwards, vice versa.

i wonder if it is some sort of problem "deeper" inside the knob mechanism thatn I can go? unless I can pull off more than just the knob - I think it's something more than gunk under the knob...
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote