View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
23109VC

Stereo CDR220 - Knob question

My stock CDR220 stereo has a defect on the right knob. when a CD is playing, and I try to use the right knob to change tracks, it constantly makes errors.

i may rotate it to go forward a track, back a track, etc - and it randomly will not register the change, it will go forward two, or go backward one..it seems random.

basically, I might try to advance forward one track, and sometimes it works, sometimes it will go forward TWO tracks (like it thinks I rotated the knob more than I did) or it will go the entirely wrong way and go back one track when I rotated it to go forward. i have to fiddle with it a few times and eventually i get to the track I want, but it's a big fat PITA.

I was thinking of replacing the whole deck - to ge ta newer more powerful and better strereo. fix the knob and get a better systme all at teh same time. but i saw this and wondered if it would fix my problem.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=99664590100&Category_Code=POTEBXIN

suncoast porsche sells "knobs" for the stereos. the cost is $16. I'm not sure, though, does this JUST change the exterior rubber knob for when it's worn - or does it change out anything "inside" or underneath that might be contributing to my problem??

or shoudl I just ditch the whole deck and get a new one? if I did that, buy a new one, I only want to sp3nd $100-200. I like to listen to the exhaust just as much as the stereo...and my car stereo, honestly, is not that bad for my needs - i' have rear speakers, and they are very weak...i can barely hear them...I suspect there isn't enough power to them..and a new deck might fix that....but i don't want to spend money to upgade my stereo for something that is only marginally better.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote