View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #51
Quickurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson
I prefer dry racing, but have actually enjoyed racing in the wet. You can explore the limit at much lower speeds. Having said that, I do not enjoy it when the visibility gets bad, I also race a Formula Ford. What's really scary is getting caught on slicks when it's damp or just starting to rain Though I wan a race at Pocono this year under just those conditions. I had to force myself to keep the throttle down while trying to keep the back end in line around the NASCAR turn 1. At one point there was water running across the track, you had to straighten the car mid-corner, "skate" across, then resume cornering.
Steve
Have you run at the new New Jersey Motorsports Park yet? My biggest customer is a vintage Ford (door cars) racer and went up for the first event. He said the owners should have hired Mike Rand like they did for the renovations at VIR. He said you really have to watch the stupid gator teeth on the outside of the exits. If you go onto them they throw you off the track.