View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank M
Why doesn't the factory install them?
I doubt it is for "bean counter" reasons.
probably has more to do with the fact that porsche and brembo both have long working relationships with TMD friction. in lots of cases, many porsche included, TMD re-badges their pads as 'brembo' to be passed on to the OEM suppliers. TMD, FYI owns Mintex, Textar, Pagid, etc.

as to empirical knowledge of why i prefer the hawks? before going to dedicated race pads, i used to use the same pads on the track as i used on the street. accordingly, i went through a LOT of street pads. i didn't like the way a lot of them modulate; it felt like i needed a lot more pedal pressure than i should have to slow the car the way i wanted to. some wouldn't last long at all, others made noise, and lots made too much dust. the performance of the HPS seemed to be the best overall at doing everything well: they last a long time, have a higher torque initial bite, are easy to modulate, don't fade as easily as most street pads, have less dust than the pagid, or textar, not as hard on rotors as mintex, etc.

this is not one of those times where someone buys something and thinks because HE bought it, it must be the best. i have tried LITERALLY every street pad made for our cars, usually multiple times. i have finally settled on the HPS as the best all around performer for a street pad. this is of course my opinion. other people may value certain charicteristics of a pad's performance to be more or less important than i do.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote