View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #18
abk

Hey Guys...Brucelee and Greybeard...just came back from my test drive with my 26 yr. old son...he is a total car person...reads everything, knows everything, but not yet old enough to afford what is cool, but he totally loved the Boxster...and even more-so the S...he thinks its a perfect car....We drove both the S and non-S and his recommendation is get the S and that it won't be too much for my wife...so, the decision is being put until after I take my wife in on Sat or Sund...I want her to check out the S tip, because I will predict that it will be too much for her (my son disagrees because he says that she will never run the gears to the point where it will be noticed)...whatever I get, I know I will be happy...to have the engine behind you and the effect that has on the handling is unique....Brucelee, you sound like you are in porsche sales...when I brought the S back to the dealer, my salesman said the same thing...Greybeard...I was able to see the two-tone black\grey on a boxster that was in for service...I too thought it sounded great, especially on a black boxster...but I saw it in person and will go with the grey full leather. Has anyone had experience with the soft leather inserts (which I am planning to order)? Also, I am getting the car in black..Any thoughts on the black soft top vs the grey soft top? Finally, my salesman is trying to get me into one of their boxsters in stock (for obvious reasons)...he claims I can get a better deal and the 06 model he claims "could" increase in price by 5-10% because of the euro...Any feedback on the possible price increase? My feeling is that if I am in no rush to get the car and the 06 production starts in July, I may as well wait for the new model and any improvements. I am willing to take the risk on the price change. Thanks again for your feedback.
abk is offline   Reply With Quote