Thread: Treat Your Top
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
Quickurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
Hi Everyone,
It rained this weekend and snowed in the mountains. So with the ski season just around the corner, I decided that I better start preparing for winter. So I finally waterproofed my top. I have been putting this off since the beginning of summer, but is was actually really easy.

It took about 40 minutes to wash and clean the top with 303. I had to do it twice to get some of the dirt out. Overall it cleaned up well, except for some small black spots on the B pillars that are from the top being almost 10 years old.
I then used some Renovo Ultra Proofer. This stuff worked like a charm, and I was very pleased with it. I only put on one coat, but I could probably get 2-3 more coats out of the liter bottle. It took a half hour to put on, and it is still drying (it needs 2-3 hours).

Overall, I am very pleased with the 303 and Renovo. I've never used Raggtop, but the Renovo appears to be much easier to use. You don't have to tape off the car and it goes on thicker. If you haven't cleaned or treated your top yet, I would recommend you do so. It took me about two hours with an hour of dry time and breaks ( ), and then a few hours for the waterproofer. Now my top is protected from rain and UV.

I am going to be putting on my hardtop on later tonight.
I am looking at all the top treatments now. Why did you choose the 303 cleaner and renova treatment. In reading reviews on Amazon, alot of people do not like the new raggtopp, but all the reviews for the 303 kit were good. Just wondering why you didn't just get the 303 kit, I'm sure you had good reason. Of course, I may go back to Amazon and find the 303 protectorant is "Renova", and look like an idiot, but hey, been there done that already!