View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Quickurt

My best customer's wife has a first gen, I think third year TT coupe. Drove it to Road Atlanta last year while I was looking at boxsters. No comparison, to me.
I didn't like the seats or the seating position. I disagree with "newer" interior design, but that is opinion, I didn't like it. I'm not all that tall (6'0"0), but while it feels as if there is alot of headroom, I felt like I was almost crouching down because the windsheild felt low at the top. I say feel, or felt, because I really think it was some sort of illusion, not real. The chassis isn't in the same city, let alone ballpark, and if felt unresponsive on initial turn in which turned to annoying understeer. In all fairness, this car needed new tires all around. The torgue of the TT left alot to be desired, especially compared to 987 S. Brakes were okay, but as an entire package, I didn't come home thinking about a TT instead of a box.
I re-read this and noticed I didn't mention the 6 spd. transmission. It was, well......unremarkable. Gear ratios were kinda weird, like they couldn't decide if they wanted it to be close ratio or good mileage and the shift linkage felt like my wife's old 87 Jetta.

Last edited by Quickurt; 10-02-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote