View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 03:34 PM   #14
graybeard

abk

Let me asume that money is not an issue but your wife is to some degree.

I am a "waiter", I've ordered an '05 S to replace my '99 standard. I am in your age group and like you have no intention of tracking my new love. That is not to say that I do not on occasion enjoy slaming my right foot to the floor, thusly the S. BTW my wife loves it also and she will not drive it. Afraid of breaking it - that works. Ask youself if you want the power on tap. Your wife can drive these cars in any fashion she would like, such as easy, as I do most of the time, well about 90%, ok 80% but still the car is a pure joy in either case.

Your next guestion asks about PASM, you say your E500 has this option and you like it. I believe that Porsche's will only stiffen your ride more than standard, read track use. There is also the ability to allow to push handing closer to the edge. You probably don't need either of these things.

Do you like the looks of the hard top? It will keep the canvas cleaner, and my bet is that it is quieter inside with it.

I sure do hope the navigation system is all it is said to be, ask the salesman to see it either on the 987 or 997. Take your time, a Sept/Oct car does not have to be ordered now.

I don't feel there will be much change in the '06 987 except for the Cayman.

Let me ask you, will this be a lease with the company picking it up, if so "get it all".

You did not mention Bose, xenon lamp, full leather, steering wheel w/ controls on it, or are these things a foregone conclusion? Duh!
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote