View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #13
dja1980

You all make some really good points. Samson, thanks for the TireRack test links. Those were very helpful.

Stephen, you make a really good point regarding the comparison with my current tires. I think that is what this is going to come down to. Since my old tires are the only thing I have to compare to, do you guys think I will be disappointed by going with the UHPAS tires? I could definitely understand why it would be difficult to switch from PS2's to PS A/S's, but if the results of the PS A/S's are equal to or better than my current tires, I would be happy.

I have been reading reviews on TireRack all day, and I think I have ruled out the PZero Nero M&S's. I'm still not 100% sure that I want to go with the UHPAS tires, but the more I read, the more promising the Pilot Sport A/S's are sounding. As expected, every once in a while I come across a negative review (as with almost anything), but overall, the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Many people even comment about how the tire performs more like a Summer tire than an A/S tire.

I did come across one review from a 911 owner:
"i bought these tires as the porsche "n" rated michelins i had would really beat you up when driving the car, they were michelin mxx3 i belive, the backs were worn down to the wear bars, could not find this model any more. so i called these were recommended to me. car rides nice and smooth and you do not fell every bump so bad like before, even my wife said they were nice, and for her to say that means a lot.
now the turn in might not be as sharp as with the n rated michelin, but its is very small trade off to the smooth ride, now do not underestimate this tire a small delay but will cut right in and go where you point the car with no tire noise. the side wall is really thick. the higher michelin pilot performance summer michelin has real thin walls.
if you shop for porsche tires for you 911 this is very important, you need a tire with a stiff side wall. that is why the Porsche N rated tires have this, N rated tires have a really thick wall to support that rear engine drive car and put the power down in a corner without the side wall slipping left or right, make sense.
the michelin all season tire is awesome. slight trade off for quick turn in but makes driving the car 10 times better and once you know how the turn in feels you can romp on her real good. hope this helps someone. i buy michelin for all my cars, you get the milage out of them and they give the best ride, the extra money is worth it to me."

I'm going to continue to sift through the reviews for this tire to see if I can find a few more from Porsche owners.
dja1980 is offline   Reply With Quote