View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 08:58 AM   #10
Shortbus

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus Send a message via MSN to Shortbus Send a message via Yahoo to Shortbus
Well I drive a base boxster with trip., and mine's a 98, so it's the 2.5L engine mind you (not even the 2.7L). And I came to this car from a 350Z. I also test drove a Boxster S before deciding on mine. Like you, I came from the perspective of too much horsepower for my needs (350Z). Yeah it's great having huge HP and pulling 130 mph, but for a daily commuter car that I never tracked that was utterly useless and would eventually get me in a butt load of trouble anyway. Might sound weird (whipped) for a lot of guys but I enjoy my car for how well balanced it feels overall, and how comfortable it is to drive to work and back everyday in it. I didn't even notice much difference in power in the S vs mine under normal driving conditions. The S is stiffer though. Good for racing, bad for commuting. To me, the 2.5L engine still has enough power to scare me for a daily commuter car. I guess if I raced or tracked then a S would have been necessary. But then my 350Z would have also been great. It really depends on what YOU intend to do with it, different people buy boxster for different reasons, so what makes sense for one might not for others. Good luck either way you go you're getting an awesome car! :dance:
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote