View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
scycle2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk
Ok Lux...your right...I'll be honest...I miss my 928...which my wife would never drive (she can't drive a stick)...so I got a 500E which is like a rocket...she won't drive that either...too much power...so, yes, I am whipped....I am trying to find a car that we can both drive...so I am getting a tiptronic...When I drove the S, it was like a rocket and no lagging in 1st or 2nd...but, I think it will be too much for her...and my salesman agrees...for my type of driving (I live and work in Marin), he is recommending the base non-S....besides these factors, which I know sound ludicrous, the non-s seemed lighter and more balanced....Oh, by the way, I am not compromising for the other half...
i believe the s weight 80lbs more, which with 40 more hp, wider tires, beefed up suspension and better , bigger brakes, you would not notice...the s was the better sports car when i drove then back to back..faster, better handling, quicker steering...but it is also 10 k more, so its up to you whether its worth it..to me, s the makes the bosxter a competetive with bigger, high powered sports cars
scycle2020 is offline   Reply With Quote