View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
abk

Need Advise-Ordering an 06 Boxster

I am a newbie...found this forum after test driving a Boxster (both S and non-S) and decided after talking to the Sonnen Motors salesman that since production on the 06 starts in July, and I am in no rush, I might as well order one for delivery in Sept. Here are my questions: (1) I drove both the "S" and non-S and I thought the extra horsepower and more weight seemed to be too much for the car...keep in mind that I sold my 928 two years ago and bought a 500E...so I like the horsepower of the S...but it seemed heaver, a bit noisier and vibrated more...my only complaint with the non-S was first gear...My question is are there any non-S owners who regret not getting the S? (2) I am planning to order the non-S with lots options...including the PASM with the sport chrono package...my current 500E allows me to adjust the suspension which I like...my salesman thinks I only need these options if I take the car to the track (which I won't)...Does anyone have the PASM with the sport chrono package and do you like it? How does it work?; (3) I was planning to order the hardtop, but my salesman says that with the glass window on the softtop that I really won't need the hardtop? Does anyone have a hardtop and does it just sit in the garage?; (4) I plan to order the navigation system...The MBZ system (which I didn't get) is not very good...I looked at the RL system and their navigation is great...Is the Porsche navigation and screen and interface good and worth it? (5) Does anyone know what changes, if any, are in store for 06? For example, I have an integrated phone in my 500E and its great for my needs...my salesman told me that Porsche has no integrated phone that is concealed like my MBZ and that Porsche hasn't yet figured out how to do a phone. Any feedback would be great. ABK

Last edited by abk; 03-30-2005 at 07:27 PM.
abk is offline   Reply With Quote