View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #46
BoxsterMD

Chad,
I just joined the site and just bought a 2005 Boxster S, triple black. I will post pics soon. I noticed that you are asking about the differences between the s2000 and the Boxster. I just traded a 2003 triple black S2000 on my new Boxster. I can't say the differences between the 986 and the S2000, but I can tell you a thing or two about the S2000. The Honda is reliable and it fun to drive. It lacks torque and low end power, but if you have the room to wind it out, above 6500rpms, the car is a blast. It does have some little annoying issues that I think you should be aware of. The ride quality is terrible compared to a European Car. (I had a 1993 VR6 Corrado before the S2000, very happy to be back in a German Car) My new Boxster has 19" Carrera S rims with 35 Series tires and it still rides so much better than the S2000. The car is very loud even with the top up. Forget trying to answer your cell phone while driving. Also, it has a poor stereo and the roof makes little quirky noises while driving. It lacks features. The dash is very plain and their aren't many options to choose from. Another annoying thing is every civic in town will try and race you. The positives of the S2000 are they are relatively cheap. You can get a nice used one for around $20k. The car takes corners like its on rails and even thought it is a convertible, it has very little body flex under hard cornering. If I had to do it all over again.... I can't say I regret owning the S2000, but I wouldn't buy another one. I hope this was helpful.
BoxsterMD is offline   Reply With Quote