View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #27
Quickurt

I have your prison reform plan, you'll LOVE this!

Anyone can make a mistake. As long as it is not murder or extreme aggravated violence, I would have one sentence - five years.
During those five years there are no possibilities of early release, for any reason. Also, during those five years, you WILL learn a trade, and you will be paid minimum wage for those 80 hour weeks you WILL work at mastering the trade you have chosen. You will, however, have no access to those funds you are earning, other than whatever the alotment is currently to buy cigarettes, coffee, etc. So, when your five years is up, you will have a nest-egg (that has drawn market interest) to set yourself up in a place to live, purchase some sort of transportation and have living expenses while finding a job. You will have NO EXCUSE for returning to a life of crime.
IF the crime is murder, extreme violence or a return offender, you have forfeited your right to exist in our society. Bye-bye.
I see no circumstance in which we (society) owe more to a violent criminal, or one who refuses to accept the rules for remaining in our soiciety, than we (society) owe to ourselves.

Last edited by Quickurt; 09-19-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote