Thread: PZero vs. PS2
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
MasterOfSorrow

I've recently replaced my PS2s with the P-Zeros. The dealers in my area (Sydney, Aus) had no PS2s available and the only other choice was the Continentals.

First thing I noticed was that steering response is not a quick, however, ride and grip are better than the PS2s in my opinion. The car really seems to grip and hang on now more than ever, and the rear end feels tighter and more planted to the road. There is no more of that annoying "one-spinning" of the inside rear wheel off the line and out of tight bends, and on the limit of traction these tyres seem to howl instead of screech like the PS2s, which is so much better IMO.

From the perspective of someone who plods around the car in town during the week and then guns it on the open roads on the weekend, I have to say, my preference is learning towards the P-Zeros. Steering and overall response is dulled ever so slightly, but once I got used to it and learnt how (more like found the courage) to use the sheer grip of these tyres, I find myself enjoying these at least as much as the PS2s.

There is one BIG but though, and it has something to do with tyre wear. I hear these P-Zeros seem to melt off the rim. I've had them for only 9 months, and they still look like new--as you would hope--so there is not much more I can add in this department.

Wet weather grip is inferior to the PS2s. It's by no means dangerous, but I've noticed that the PS2s vastly out perform the P-Zeros in this department. I took the PS2s to a skidpan and was simply gobsmacked by the grip they had on slippery, wet concrete.

Will I go back to the PS2s? Maybe, depending if I want another change in dynamics. The car does drive markedly differently on the P-Zeros in my opinion. If you want to be astonished by grip, then get the P-Zeros. If you want a more responsive and--for lack of a better word--skittish car, then get the PS2s. It all comes down to preference.

Last edited by MasterOfSorrow; 09-18-2008 at 07:33 PM.
MasterOfSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote