View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Quickurt

You make some good points and some good questions. Can you go back to 98 info or your owner's manuals and see if Boxsters were one of the cars warning against using gasoline with alcohol? I know VW and Audi had warnings about blended fuels for a good while. Alchohol also absorbs moisture from the air (and underground tanks), so you have water in your gas.
In the meantime, alot of other performance guys are using octane boosters full time. A couple of guys have told me they get enough better mpg with the boosters to pay for it. I haven't tried and can't vouch for them.
It gripes my butt to have no choice on this garbage they are putting in my gas. And garbage is exactly what it is. We're paying $.57 per gallon out of our taxes into propping up the producers of this crap, it makes our gasoline more expensive and makes our cars use more fuel. Not to mention they are consuming 80 BTUs of petroleum to produce 100 BTUs of ethanol, burning both and calling it cleaner for the environment.
Maybe we could come up with a way to suck the ethanol back out of our gas and force the creeps to buy it back from us?